Monday, November 10, 2008

New Wii Game: Build a Bear Workshop

As part of a writing opportunity, I was given the chance to review a new Wii game coming onto market soon called Build A Bear Workshop: A Friend Fur All Seasons.

While I'm not normally one to encourage video games, I'm a big fan of the Nintendo Wii. This is not your typical video game! It gets kids and adults off the couch and moving. I especially like the Wii Fit. We don't own a Wii but Mike's parents do and are kind enough to let us play on it when we're at their house.

Build a Bear Workshop is a fun game geared at the elemenary school set. The game begins with choosing your own animal and dressing it according to your tastes. I chose the Magnificent Monkey.


Next you visit various islands, play games, and score additional bonus items like extra outfits and small treasures. I found the game easy to manipulate and entertaining. I think all four of my children will enjoy it (we're saving it at a Christmas gift -- shhh, don't tell!), especially Paul, my 4 year old, because he loves hunting for treasure!




My one complaint about the game is that I don't think it gets kids moving enough. While some of the activities require moving the joystick, such as using it to pretend to dig, or my favorite, using it as a pogo stick, for much of time while walking around the island, all movement is done with the arrow buttons and not body movement.

Still, overall I would recommend this game as a great one for getting kids involved and problem solving. Thumbs up!

2 comments:

Pastor Mike said...

Looks like a great game. Maybe we will get it for the kids for Christmas. :)

Marci said...

Didn't know Wii had a Build A Bear game... interesting!