Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008



Life is never boring in a house with 4 (or more, depending on the day) kids, and Halloween this year proved to be no exception. Poor Kiersten woke up the night before with the stomach flu which lasted well into the middle of the night.

There's something about stomach bugs that they seem to hit us right around the major holidays. Last year was at Christmas, which is a horrible time for any family, but for a pastor's family is the worst possible day of the year! So I guess Halloween isn't so bad in comparison.

Thankfully Kiersten was well enough to try out her costume but she and I stayed home while the other kids ventured out. We enjoyed some Mommy-Kiersten bonding time instead, watching Food Network together and having some girl talk.


Rebekah and Kiersten created their costumes with Mike's mom, Jeanne, and they did an awesome job! They decorated umbrellas to be a squid and a jellyfish. By moving the umbrella up and down they made them "move."

2 comments:

Lisa T said...

Congrats on starting the new blog! I love the squid and the jellyfish!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. You are bound to become an addict like the rest of us. I am excited to read your posts. I have always had a secret desire to be a runner, but never felt that I could. Maybe you'll become my inspiration!